Error message when selecting a DocuSign Template

I have a user who is trying to select a DocuSign template using the Generate Document feature in Smartsheet. When she gets to the point where she selects the template, she gets an error message: "We're sorry, something isn't quite working right. Please try again." Any idea what is causing this and how to resolve this? Thanks in advance for any help.

Answers

• Ipshita
    Ipshita ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@Anna_Rueda is it possible that your users need a license to generate the documents and this particular one doesn't have a Smartsheet license/account?

If that isn't the case, make sure she is connected to your company's VPN as sometimes, that's what I face when I'm not on VPN :)

Lastly, if nothing helps (like rebooting the computer, logging out and back in to Smartsheet, shaking the computer ;)lol ) then just log in a ticket with Smartsheet Support.

Hope this helps,

Cheers,

Ipshita

Ipshita Mukherjee

• Hi Ipshita,

Thank you for your response! This user does have a Smartsheet account/license. I will ensure that she is using our VPN.

If all else fails, then I will follow your advice and submit a ticket with Smartsheet support.

Anna Rueda

• GregPeq
    GregPeq ✭✭

@Anna_Rueda have you found a solution by chance? I'm experiencing the same exact issue. I've opened a case with Smartsheet support but no luck yet.

What is strange for me is that I had previously created a mapping on the sheet which still works, I'm just unable to create any new mappings. I get the same error message once it comes time to view my docusign templates during the document generation process. The previously mapped document works perfectly fine with no issues.

Another strange thing - I created a personal docusign account with a free trial and linked that account to my sheet instead of my organizational account. I am able to view templates and map with my personal account without seeing the above error.

Hopefully someone, somewhere has a solution for this!

• Hi Greg,

I sat with our staff member and in walking through the steps outlined in this video - https://www.smartsheet.com/docusign - I saw that there was no document in the DocuSign template that the staff member wanted to embed in the Smartsheet document. Once she added the document to the DocuSign template, she was able to embed it. I am waiting to hear back from her as to whether or not the DocuSign document was signed.

Hope this helps!

Anna Maria

• Has anyone found the fix by any chance?

I am running into the same issue and cant seem to get around it.