2»

Comments

• A.J.
    A.J. ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Any news/updates on this since July?

• BradTMEd
    Options

Also interested in seeing column header formatting become a reality.

• James Trusheim
    Options

Adding the ability to fill in background color specifically for column headers. Often I find myself wanting to color code columns without actually making the whole column a certain color.

• Mike1234
    Options

To start, I'd be happy just being able to center-align the column headers. Ridiculous that it's not yet available.

• glorbsheet
    glorbsheet ✭✭
    edited 02/15/24
    Options

Being able to customize column header labels would be advantageous for a multitude of reasons. Yes we can color code entire column, but if we could color code the headers and even add sublabels, I think that would be more beneficial.

For example, we have a system of tracking projects across multiple teams that aggregates into reports for finance/billing, so we want to keep the column headers consistent so that the data aggregates into only one column, but a studio might want to write in a rule or note about a column (Job # - ONLY RECORD ONE JOB HERE). It makes the column header long and messy and stops being consistent to all the other sheets when this happens. So maybe instead have a way to sublabel and color code or format column headers?

Thanks!

• Sam Minardi
    Options

It would be really beneficial if we were able to modify the column header text in Sheets. Currently, column header font appears to be bolded, but the font size is the same as the rest of the sheet. Also, when you pull a report into a dashboard the column headers don't retain their bold font like they appear when looking at the report file by itself.

It would also be helpful if you could different color background in the column header.

Sam Minardi

• Amanda Carta
    Options

This would really help eliminate the need to have the entire row highlight to showcase specific columns to certain departments other than adding their dpt name in the title.

• PeterJK
    Options

Please add the ability to format column header color

• Ray Lindstrom
    Ray Lindstrom ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Just a reminder for everybody to go to the original post in this thread to up-vote the idea, so it get get the traction and attention it deserves.

Thanks!

• Sheryl P
    Sheryl P ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

My org has requested the ability to "add color" to the column headers for the purposes of "grouping columns". As someone works with a sheet with many columns - they want to easily see that the columns with purple headers belong to group A, and the columns with orange headers are owned by a different Team/Dept. There may be other ways to group columns to bring into focus for specific Teams - but color coding the column header is a frequent request. Thank you.

• David Dolch
    David Dolch ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Upvoted. In addition to all of the other excellent ideas, I would like the ability to assign alt text to a column header.

I name the columns in the sheet certain things because it makes sense from a sheet management system.

I may have "Requested Date" "Negotiated Date" "Approved Date" and "Final Adjusted Launch Date"

But on a user facing Dashboard Report I would like like to display "Launch Date" not "Final Adjusted Launch Date"