Free users - account access blocked due to a billing issue

Nick Burrus
Nick Burrus ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Has anyone experienced this before? All of our unlicensed users, are now getting their account access is blocked due to a billing issue. But, our paid users can access.

We've had this happen to our corporate Smartsheet, and 1 of our clients so far. Pretty weird, makes me wonder if there's a restructuring how licenses work is happening?

Dr. St Nicholas Burrus DHA, PMP

I build Smartsheets for the US Government, State Government, and about a dozen of the US Fortune 100s.

Answers

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @Nick Burrus

I hope you're well and safe!

My guess is that it has something to do with the new free account that was released recently.

@Genevieve P. Do you know?

I hope that helps!

Be safe, and have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up, Awesome, or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• Thanks for the tag, @Andrée Starå!

This is the first I've heard of something like this; normally account blocks affect the entire plan (all members) and only happen if an invoice has not been paid. Free members part of your plan should have no trouble accessing sheets etc if your account is active.

If you have a direct account contact (for example a Customer Success Manager) I would recommend reaching out to them directly. Or, please contact the Finance team here, with a list of the emails that are receiving this error message and screen captures.

Thanks!

Genevieve

Join us at Smartsheet ENGAGE 2024 🎉
    October 8 - 10, Seattle, WA | Register now

• Nick Burrus
    Nick Burrus ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Thank you. We reached out to Smartsheet Finance.

I build Smartsheets for the US Government, State Government, and about a dozen of the US Fortune 100s.

• Nick Burrus
    Nick Burrus ✭✭✭✭✭✭

This issue is spreading. We're getting a few reports like this each week now.