Update Requests - Question

Michelle Lempert
Michelle Lempert ✭✭✭
edited 03/13/23 in Smartsheet Basics

I am wondering if there's a way to send multiple update requests, but not have it be so many pages. Like all the rows on one page. Does anyone know a similar process to update requests that would do that? I don't want a client to have to fill out 80 pages when it would be easier to combine it all on one page.

Thanks!

Answers

• Also, is there a way to have an update request still be available if they answer it? I want them to have more than one chance to login and do the update.

• Kleerfyre
    Kleerfyre ✭✭✭✭✭✭

As far as combining update requests, there isn't a way that I have seen to be able to do that. Update requests are done on a row by row basis. So if the row meets the requirements of the automation to trigger, it sends a request for just that row due to the fact that each row can have a different person responsible for that item.

For the update request being available after they answer it. No, once it is answered, Smartsheet considers it to be complete and the only way to get another update request would be to send out a new one for that item needing an update.

Sorry neither one of those answers are what you were probably hoping for, but that is what I think is the correct answer for both.

Jonathan Sanders, CSM

"Change is always scary because it is unknown, but facing the unknown is what makes us stronger."