Excluding link to sheet in Alert Someone workflow

Paul M Kahl
Paul M Kahl ✭✭✭✭
edited 03/14/23 in Smartsheet Basics

I know this is a commonly asked question and I have already submitted a feature request, but I am curious to see if anyone has developed a workaround for excluding the link to a sheet in Alert Someone workflow.

Scenario: I have a sheet containing confidential information that users submit requests to via a form. The sheet has approval workflows to progress the request through management approval phases. To provide the requester visibility to an approval or decline, I am using an Alert Someone workflow that triggers when approval is registered. I want to provide them specific fields in the notification, but not the link to the sheet.

Using double curly brackets to include the fields in the body text will not work since the requester may have several rows that will be updated at the same time.

Creating a report with a Current User filter and sending a publish link does not work, and there are too many requesters to create custom reports.

Any ideas are welcomed, as is any support for getting this feature request higher on the list.

Thank you!

Paul

Tags:

Answers