Sign in to submit new ideas and vote
Get Started

Move Attachments to Rows

laura.sandoval
laura.sandoval âś­âś­âś­

It would greatly increase efficiency if we could move attachments between rows by drag and dropping them. Please let me know if this is something that can be added.

23 votes

Idea Submitted · Last Updated

Comments

• Martha Hemingway
    Martha Hemingway âś­âś­âś­âś­âś­

It would be great to have a way to move an attachment that is stored at a row level on a sheet between rows instead of having to delete and reattach.

• MeganJF
    MeganJF âś­âś­âś­

I was going to suggest this function too. There have been several occasions in which I attach a document to the wrong row. The current process of deleting it and then uploading it again to the correct row would be so much more efficient if one could have the option to copy to or move to another row.

• laura.sandoval
    laura.sandoval âś­âś­âś­

Ugh yes it drives me crazy! A quick drag and drop would be so functional and an easy add.

• We often find that files may be better suited in a different row than what they were originally uploaded in. Is is possible to move files from row to row, rather than having to download, delete, and then reupload.

• sbearss
    sbearss âś­âś­

Ideally one source document is uploaded and then it can be linked/referenced/removed in one or more rows. This maintains one copy and prevents the headache of having multiple copies of the same file over multiple rows.

As a workaround you could create a column called "Attachment(s)" and copy/paste URLs of the cloud docs there.

Agreed the current Attachment tool is a little clunky and difficult to manage.

• It would be extremely beneficial to be able to move attachments from one row to another row with some sort of drag and drop. I can't figure out how to move it other than to download it, delete it, and then reattach it it the row I want it in. Such a pain! We have a LOT of documents that are submitted by users, that then need to be attached to the appropriate location and this is a cumbersome task as it is currently set up.

• Laura Bell
    Laura Bell âś­âś­âś­âś­âś­

Please make it possible to move an attachment from one row to another. This would be extremely helpful.