Counting a total column help?

Hi! So, here is what I am trying to do.

I have a form where each unit can submit observations, and up to 5 will show on each row. I have created a hidden column to total how many submissions are on each row.

I want to be able to show how many submissions for each unit, adding the total in that total column, for each month.

Here is an example: I can see that A9 has 8 submissions for March if you look at the unit column BUT I want it to also add that total column so it would show that for March A9 has had 12 submissions total.

I hope that makes sense, any ideas?

Answers

• Nick Korna
    Nick Korna ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @tmichelle068,

This is more than doable.

For the submission count:

=COUNTIFS([Unit:]:[Unit:], "A9 - Pulmonary", [Date Completed:]:[Date Completed:], MONTH(@cell) = 3)

For the submissions total:

=SUMIFS([Total Count]:[Total Count], [Unit:]:[Unit:], "A9 - Pulmonary", [Date Completed:]:[Date Completed:], MONTH(@cell) = 3)

If you wanted to plot this as a table then you could adjust some of the references accordingly.

Hope this helps, if you've any other questions or comments then just post! 😊

• tmichelle068
    tmichelle068 ✭✭✭✭

Thank you so much for the suggestion! I am getting an unparseable error on that submissions formula though.

=SUMIFS([Total Count]:[Total Count], [Unit:]:[Unit:], "A9 - Pulmonary", [Date Completed:]:[Date Completed:], MONTH(@cell) = 3)

• Nick Korna
    Nick Korna ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Is the COUNTIF formula working correctly?

And just to check, is the Total Count column header in the formula correct?

🤔