Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

I am trying to create a survey that tracks each person's responses (NOT anonymous survey) - anyone k

olivia87
olivia87
edited 12/09/19 in Archived 2017 Posts

I'd like to create a survey in Smartsheet that links a person's responses to their name/email. Additionally, is it possible for Smartsheet to send alerts/reminders to only those people who have not responded to the survey yet? 

Thank you! 

Comments

• I'm not exactly sure what you're looking for when you say you want them "linked" but there are a couple of ways to go about this, both using our Web Forms functionality:

One way is to create a mandatory field for them to enter their email address and add a description for them to use the same email if they're filling out your survey again. Details on this in our Help Center

Another idea is to require them to log in to Smartsheet before they can fill out the survey. This requires that they set up Smartsheet accounts, but will ensure that you collect their email addresses. (Check out the help center article linked above for details on configuring that option.)

You can then add a system column to your sheet that stores their email address.

The best way to notify people who haven't filled out your survey would be to email them the web form link, which can be done from within Smartsheet (details in the web form help center article).

We do have automatic notifications but they require people to have Smartsheet accounts, have logged in at least once, and they must be shared on the sheet. More on Notifications here: https://help.smartsheet.com/articles/542904-using-notifications

This discussion has been closed.