Use smartsheet data to generate a document that maintains fillable blanks for the recipient

Use: We are using smartsheets to maintain client progress. We have forms that are pdf fillables mapped. We generate these and then email them to the account manager. At that point, the manager still has information to complete ie- other questions on the form that were formatted in acrobat pro to have fillable blanks that were not mapped to be generated by smartsheets. Once the document is generated, we need to maintain the ability for the recipient to fill in those blanks.

(Once the recipient fills in these blanks, it doesn't need to go back in to smartsheets. At that point it is submitted elsewhere.)

Any solutions?

Answers

• Jeff Reisman
    Jeff Reisman ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@Stacy Larkin I have two sheets generating fillable PDFs. Both of them, when opened in Acrobat, can have their unmapped blank fields filled in manually using the "Fill & Sign" capability. I can also fill in these fields when the files are opened in a browser.

This may be an issue with how you are constructing the fillable PDF used by Smartsheet. Is there security in place on the file that might prevent filling it in? Mine are set without security.

Regards,

Jeff Reisman

Link: Smartsheet Functions Help Pages Link: Smartsheet Formula Error Messages

If my answer helped solve your issue, please mark it as accepted so that other users can find it later. Thanks!