Is it possible to share a Smartsheet that has a locked default filter with someone else?

Options

We want to share a Smartsheet with others, but we only want them to see certain parts. To do this, we created a filter and set it to be the default view for people with viewer access. However, when we tested this with a team member who had viewer access, they were able to exit the filter. We want to prevent the person who receives the Smartsheet from changing the default filter as we do not want them to see all of the information on the sheet. Is this possible? If so, what would be a solution for this?

Answers

• Jason Tarpinian
    Jason Tarpinian ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I'd recommend building out a dashboard and embedding a filtered report onto it, then share the dashboard with whomever. That way they will be able to see whatever filtered report you embed on the dashboard without sharing the underlying sheet. You could also publish reports, but I always advise against that as it can get out of hand without even trying.

Smartsheet also has a premium app, Dynamic View, which is like reporting on steroids. It too can share data without sharing the whole sheet, but with a lot more bells and whistles.

Jason Tarpinian - Sevan Technology

Smartsheet Aligned Partner

• Kinnari S.
    Options

Hi, I was wondering the same.
    I want to share info from a sheet with a "current user" from the assigned to sheet, without sharing everything.

Creating a dashboard, with a report doesn't seem to work, as you need to share the underlying sheet with the "current user" as well. So there seems to be no way of sharing only certain info from a sheet, without having to share the complete underlying sheet to that certain user.

Am I correct?