Workflow and/or Formula for tallying daily asset inspection issues

afarabaugh
afarabaugh ✭✭✭
edited 03/17/23 in Formulas and Functions

We have daily asset inspections that are submitted via a form and I'd like to:

Create a daily Workflow that will send only the assets that had an inspection issue on that date, as well as the issue description. (Columns are: Asset, inspection yes/no questions, and description of issue) . Rows are each date an asset inspection is logged and yes/no responses, as well as description of issues.

Answers

• red1998
    red1998 ✭✭

Hello! I think you would want to set up a notification automation and change the trigger to inspection date. The criteria would be if the description of issue is not blank.

• afarabaugh
    afarabaugh ✭✭✭

Probably better if I include a screenshot. I'm terrible at explaining these things. :)

I want to create a daily workflow for the assets that were inspected the current day, and when an issue is indicated (by the "Not OK" answer choice) for the asset, I want to include the text from the "Describe the issue" columns across the sheet. Each asset has 2 questions: An "OK/Not OK" multiple choice answer and a "Describe the issue". I don't wish for any of the answers choices that are "OK" to be included.

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @afarabaugh

I hope you're well and safe!

You could add a Report that shows what you like and include the link in an Alert that triggers if anything is Not OK.

Make sense?

Would that work/help?

I hope that helps!

Be safe, and have a fantastic weekend!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up, Awesome, or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• afarabaugh
    afarabaugh ✭✭✭

Thanks for replying, Andree! I'd like to try that. I'm not familiar with reports yet, but I'm going to give that a shot right now. I'll update how that works out for me. :)

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@afarabaugh

Excellent!

Happy to help!

Remember! Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up/Awesome or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!