Move row to another sheet based on cell - not working properly

Monique T
Monique T ✭✭
edited 03/20/23 in Smartsheet Basics

Hello everyone,

I've been trying to figure this out on my own for a few days but haven't been successful.

Error: Workflow states move row if a column contains one of ten options. Workflow moves all rows for all options.

Example:

Drop Down Options: Not Started, In Progress, Complete

Sheet 1: Task Sheet

Sheet 2: Completed Tasks

Workflow Setup: (Task Sheet)

When the status is 'Complete' move row to 'Completed Tasks' sheet.

Result: All rows with all status types, including Not, Started and In Progress, are moved.

I've confirmed several times that only the 'Complete' option is checked in the workflow.

Any thoughts as to why this is happening or how I can resolve this please?

Answers

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @Monique T

I hope you're well and safe!

Can you share some screenshots? (Delete/replace any confidential/sensitive information before sharing) That would make it easier to help.

Be safe, and have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up, Awesome, or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• Hi @Andrée Starå

Thank you for responding.

Here is a screen shot of the drop down column. This sheet is the installation sheet. I have a second sheet for all other types. I set up the workflow to say when a row is added and or changed and 'Routing' is not one of 'INSTALLER' move to another sheet. But all records are moving to the second sheet. The second sheet has the same set-up and is blank now (since I tried to move only the 'Installers' types back to this sheet and unfortunately all rows moved back again) so I didn't include a screen shot of that one. But same set-up (colunmn type and name)

Thanks in advance for your help!

• Monique T
    Monique T ✭✭
    edited 03/21/23

Hey @Andrée Starå

I finally figured it out! Something about the condition column being a drop down was forcing all rows to move over. I used to two sheets and when I finally turned the column type to text it worked perfectly.

I always find your answers helpful.

Thank you!