Dashboard - report on milestone progress

Hi, wondering if anyone is able to help.

I'd like to report on progress on milestones in the dashboard, ideally a chart to show how many milestones has been achieved, how many more to go. But not sure how to do that from a sheet? Looks like Smartsheet does not allow reporting from report?

Thanks!

Best Answer

• Abdul Tahlil
    Abdul Tahlil ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Hi @Yaya , what are the dropdown values for your Status column? Because you are looking for a value that has multiple criteria, the correct function to use in this case would be the COUNTIFS instead of COUNTIF.

Using the former function will let you set the criteria that in order for the counting to begin, the duration has to be zero and the status must be complete. Below is an example:

COUNTIFS([Project Plan Duration]:[Project Plan Duration], =0, [Milestone Status]:[Milestone Status], ="Complete")

Answers

• Abdul Tahlil
    Abdul Tahlil ✭✭✭✭

Hi Yaya,

You can create Summary Values using a formula (i.e. countif(Complete:Complete, =1, Milestone:Milestone) in the Sheet Summary of the sheet that counts the number of milestones completed, In Progress, and Not Started.

Then you can pull the Sheet into a "Row Report" which will only display the Sheet Summary Values you created. From there you can use the newly created report as the Source for your Chart!

If you provide a screenshot of the sheet I can go more in depth. Hope this helps.

• Yaya
    Yaya ✭✭
    edited 03/21/23

Thanks Abdul, can I get some help with the formula? ie. count the number of milestones (duration 0) which are complete and the number of milestones that are not complete. I'd like the summary in the metrics sheet, with data from the project plan in sheet. The formula below is not working. Thanks a lot!

• Abdul Tahlil
    Abdul Tahlil ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Hi @Yaya , what are the dropdown values for your Status column? Because you are looking for a value that has multiple criteria, the correct function to use in this case would be the COUNTIFS instead of COUNTIF.

Using the former function will let you set the criteria that in order for the counting to begin, the duration has to be zero and the status must be complete. Below is an example:

COUNTIFS([Project Plan Duration]:[Project Plan Duration], =0, [Milestone Status]:[Milestone Status], ="Complete")

• Yaya
    Yaya ✭✭

That's great! Thanks Abdul!