Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

Add another column/type of data to my Gantt chart?

sonial
sonial
edited 12/09/19 in Archived 2017 Posts

Hi there, 

I'm trying to figure out a way to add another column's info to the Gantt chart. For example, we're tracking my org.'s grant cycles. So for the Primary column, I've used "Organization Name " for the funder (i.e. Hewlett). For the label, I've used program (which program the grant is for, i.e. Environmental Equity). I've already used the conditional formatting color coding mechanism to display the stage (i.e. Proposal, Completed, etc;), but I need to also add the Amount of the grant (i.e. $10,000) to the Gantt visualization. Any ideas on how to add more info to the Gantt?

Also, is there a way to create a key/compass for the color coding conditional formatting?

Thank you!

Sonia

Comments

• You might try to create a new column that combines the text of the fields you are interested in, and then use that as the label.  You could even call the column "Label"...

=Program1 + " - " + [Grant Amount]1

Does that work?

• J. Craig Williams
    J. Craig Williams ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Sonia,

In addition to CanadaJim's solution, the JOIN() function can be helpful.

For the key/compass question, I often just create a Legend. This is used with actual values for testing as well.

Craig

Legend.jpg

This discussion has been closed.