Creating a workflow automation, keeping getting the error, "Workflow failed. Please try again."

SDC_dhhs
SDC_dhhs ✭✭
edited 03/23/23 in Smartsheet Basics

How do I fix this notification?

Answers

• Jeff Reisman
    Jeff Reisman ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@SDC_dhhs

Step 1: Include some idea of what your workflow looks like, what you're trying to do, etc., preferably with screenshots.

😀 "Help ME Help YOU!" - Jerry Maguire, 1996

Regards,

Jeff Reisman

Link: Smartsheet Functions Help Pages Link: Smartsheet Formula Error Messages

If my answer helped solve your issue, please mark it as accepted so that other users can find it later. Thanks!

• I'm running into the same thing - with the default workflow on the task list and other custom ones. It doesn't matter which. Screenshots attached.

I've tried:

• deactivating, reactivating, editing, and every combination of the three from an order perspective
    • creating a new one

Any ideas?

• Jeff Reisman
    Jeff Reisman ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@JenRideout Nothing looks off with this automation. One thing you can try to troubleshoot is to see if the issue is with the trigger or the action by running the workflow manually. Doing the below will run the workflow without the trigger; if it works, then possibly the issue is the trigger, but if it doesn't work, that could rule out the trigger as the cause.

From the manage workflows screen, click on the menu for the particular job and click Run now...

Trigger the workflow for a specific rows or rows. For something like this, leave the "Send notifications to myself instead" box UNCHECKED, in order to test if the issue is with the 'Assigned To' contact list column.

Regards,

Jeff Reisman

Link: Smartsheet Functions Help Pages Link: Smartsheet Formula Error Messages

If my answer helped solve your issue, please mark it as accepted so that other users can find it later. Thanks!

• My issue has now changed to automation not working and not providing email notifications because they are not working, so I will create a new post.