Sign in to submit new ideas and vote
Get Started

Show added data on charts automatically

Hi

We would like to show progress of our tasks within a dashboard. To do so we automatically copy every week status information (number of task that are not started / in progress / completed / on hold) into an input sheet that acts as a log book. I would now like to visualize the progress we make in completing our tasks over time.

Unfortunately chart widgets do not show data that was added, therefore I need to manually update the link to the data that will be shown on the chart. It would be a cool feature to update this automatically.

Please vote for this, so that it can be integrated into a new release of Smart Sheet.

Thanks.

Regards

Christoph

Tags:
2 votes

Idea Submitted · Last Updated

Comments

• Hi @Christoph Hermens

When selecting source data for a chart from within a sheet, the selection stays looking at exactly the rows you manually identified, you're correct.

However! In this instance you could use a report as the source for your data. Instead of identifying specific rows, selecting a report will automatically select all rows and all data in that report, using the entirety as the source. This means that as new rows are added to the sheet, they'll automatically appear in the report (depending on your report filters), which will then automatically include them into your chart.

Let me know if that makes sense and will work for you!

Cheers,

Genevieve

Join us at Smartsheet ENGAGE 2024 🎉
    October 8 - 10, Seattle, WA | Register now

• Dear Genevieve

thanks. It works and I will continue to use it.

Regards

Christoph