How to change default reports views on mobile devices

Options
mistone
mistone ✭✭✭✭
edited 04/03/23 in Smartsheet Basics

I have published a report to give users outside of our organization access to view important operational information. Most the users view the report on their mobile devices. When they open the report the report defaults to a list view. The view shows 1 column (which I discovered is the Primary column of the source sheet). Is there away to change the default view to the grid view? (The default view - or what users sees when they open the report - is the image on the right.)

Answers

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee Admin
    Options

Hi @mistone

I don't believe there's a way to adjust the default view of a Published Report opening in a web browser on a mobile device; when you have a minute, please submit your feature request to the Product team by creating an Idea Post in the Smartsheet Product Feedback and Ideas topic here in the Community. This will allow other users to vote on your enhancement idea.

As an alternative, you could embed the Report into a Dashboard using the Report Widget. Then if you provide a published link to the Dashboard it should surface your Report in Grid View. Let me know if this works for you!

Cheers,

Genevieve