Legacy Resource Management & Multiple Contacts

Options
Tamara
Tamara ✭✭✭✭✭
edited 04/04/23 in Formulas and Functions

Hi Community, I am working on a project that has several sheets. The sheets have multiple tech's assigned to each project on the same row. Does Legacy Resource Management not work if the contact column is shared? I'm missing quite a number of my resources whom are all part of my account.

Thank You!

Best Answer

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee Admin
    edited 04/06/23 Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @Tamara

Legacy resource management should take a look at multi-select Contact Columns for resources. (See the "Tip" at the bottom of this article: Track and allocate resources)

If resources aren't appearing, I would double check that they're added as members of your plan (versus being a contact in your account, if that makes sense). The article linked above should have more context about this. ]

As a side note, this is quite an old, legacy feature that will be deprecated at some point in the future. I would not recommend creating new processes based off of this feature.

Cheers,

Genevieve

Answers

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee Admin
    edited 04/06/23 Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @Tamara

Legacy resource management should take a look at multi-select Contact Columns for resources. (See the "Tip" at the bottom of this article: Track and allocate resources)

If resources aren't appearing, I would double check that they're added as members of your plan (versus being a contact in your account, if that makes sense). The article linked above should have more context about this. ]

As a side note, this is quite an old, legacy feature that will be deprecated at some point in the future. I would not recommend creating new processes based off of this feature.

Cheers,

Genevieve

• Tamara
    Tamara ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Thank You Genevieve! It appears there was a glitch in our sheet and the "h" for hours was not calculating. I reformatted and was able to generate the Legacy resource management feature. I am hopeful we will upgrade our plan in the near future to include the full Resource Management add on. Thanks again!

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!