Project management template packet- Forms Included

Options

Hello,

I have generated a 'Project Management Template Packet' to be re-used by Project Managers each time they begin a new construction project. One important item we use is an RFI Form- used by field personnel to generate 'requests for information', which populate a Smartsheet used internally. This information is then processed by the PM in order to generate an external document for the client's design team with all relevant information.

Is there a way to clear form submissions so that the template can be copied and used again by a different PM and under a different project folder and form title? (the forms would be titled project specific for example)

Any help is appreciated!

Answers

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi @Eddie Velasco

I hope you're well and safe!

Not sure I follow! Can you elaborate?

I hope that helps!

Be safe, and have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up, Awesome, or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• maccardi125
    Options

@Andrée Starå

I might be looking for the same... I'm using the Project Management Office Template... In my Project Level Template, I have created forms that would be completed for each new project that populate the "Project Detail Sheets," which then readout on the Project Tracking and Rollout Dashboard... however, the forms (or links to the forms) inside the newly saved/created project-specific folder are populating the sheets in the original Template folder (0-Project Template(Save as New)), not the sheets in the newly saved/created project-specific sheets.

Is there a way for the links to forms can automatically be updated to reflect the newly save/created project-specific folder and sheets? Or, would we have to cut and paste links into the newly save/created project-specific sheets every time?

• Kathy PPT
    Kathy PPT ✭✭✭
    Options

@maccardi125, I'm not sure if you have resolved your issue but I use the PMO template and it works fine.

When a new project comes through the Intake form, which is in the folder above Portfolio, I make a copy of the Project Level template folder which contains all the forms and sheets.

My folder structure is: Workspaces, Onboarding Projects Workspaces, Onboarding Projects Rollup, Portfolio level, Project Level (which has folders for the template and all the actual projects I created). Each of the project folders have the worksheets, report, roll up dashboard.

The Intake form populates the Intake sheet. The Metadata sheet in the new project folder does contain links to the template sheet. I take the ID number (first column for the new project in the Intake Sheet) and put it into the Project ID field in the Metadata sheet in the new project folder. From there, I make sure the appropriate cells in the Intake, Metadata and Project Plan are linking out/in the respective sheets.

Example Metadata sheet: