Delay automation trigger

maltaee
maltaee ✭✭✭✭✭

Hello,

Is there a way to change cell value after the request update entered? - what's happening is once this automation triggered, the cell value changed and that changed trigger another automation to send info to other people but the update has not opened yet for this request

Does that make sense?

Tags:

Answers

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @maltaee

I hope you're well and safe!

Not sure I follow! Can you elaborate?

I hope that helps!

Be safe, and have a fantastic weekend!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up, Awesome, or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• maltaee
    maltaee ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks, Andree.

My automation is simple; Update Request that trigger based on Status change "Audit"

Based on that automation, Change Cell Value will change the status to "Audited"

Now, another automation will be triggered based on "Audited" status change and another person need to do some updates.

The issue is the update request has not yet competed/opened yet so the status changed to "Audited" even before the update request so I want to make sure the update happened before the status changed to "Audited"

Does that help?

• Hi @maltaee

There are two possibilities here that I would suggeset:

1. Instead of using an Update Request, you could use an Approval Workflow and have the auditor select "Approve" instead of the actions you have in your Update Request. This would then allow you to build the workflow to do a specific action but only if it's Approved. Here's more information:Request approvals from stakeholders
    2. If you have multiple fields that need to be filled out in the update request, I would then suggest having two separate workflows. The second workflow would only trigger to change the cell to "Audited" once a specific action was taken (e.g. the person filled out a specific value in the Update Request form).

Cheers,

Genevieve