Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

Renaming a Report through the API

Nathan Reid
edited 12/09/19 in Archived 2017 Posts

Hello,

Is there a way to rename a report through the API?

Thanks,

Nathan

Comments

• Hi Nathan,

There currently isn't a way to rename a report through the API (no PUT command for reports yet).

When you have a moment, submit your use case and need for this ability via the Product Enhancement Request form under Quick links on the right of the community site.

• Did this ever get resolved?  When using the API to copy a workspace, I then use it to go back and rename the sheets, reports and dashboards using the Customer ID as part of the name. Doing it this way preserves all of the cross-sheet references and hyperlinks.  But there's no way (that I can see) to rename the reports using the API...   

Looking forward to your feedback...  

• Hi, same issue here... Is this missing feature planned?

• Hi Paul, 

I met with the API Engineering team at the Smartsheets Engage conference a couple of months ago and discussed this topic.  Per our discussion, this feature enhancement is on road map, but no definitive date yet for when this will be available.  I hope it's soon along with other topics we discussed.  

Sorry there's no better news...   

Best, 

Tim... 

This discussion has been closed.