Data Shuttle Not Adding Net New Entries

Options
kelceyg
kelceyg ✭✭✭✭✭
edited 04/11/23 in Add Ons and Integrations

Hello! I have set up Data Shuttle with the intention that the PM on the project can attach the daily issue log she receives from our IT department and her sheet would be automatically updated. She document she receives from IT is an .xlsx spreadsheet.

I noticed that with each new attachment, the existing data would be updated accordingly, but the new issues were not being added to the Smartsheet. I reached out to a couple of other Smartsheet SME's in my company, but we're all stumped.

I thought I had found a couple of things that could have been the culprit - sometimes IT will add a second tab to their Excel doc, or they will add or delete column. Unfortunately, this doesn't seem to be the case... I manipulated all the Excel docs that I have so that they were all 1 tab and all of the columns matched. I then created a Smartsheet from scratch and created a brand new upload workflow in Data Shuttle. I gave it a test and I'm still not getting new entries added to my sheet!

If anyone has any insight they can offer, it will be greatly appreciated.

Settings below; I have no filters or expression on this workflow:

Best Answer

• kelceyg
    kelceyg ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello! Just to close the loop on this - turns out there were hidden tabs on the Excel spreadsheets I was being provided. When I ran the Data Shuttle, it was reading the information on the hidden tab, not the tab I was seeing/needed. Once I removed the hidden tabs, Data Shuttle worked as expected!

Answers

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee Admin
    Options

Hi @kelceyg

All of your settings look correct!

The checkbox to "Add rows as they are added to the source file" should enable new rows with a new unique ID in your Number column to pull over.

The only thing I can think of in this moment is if the new rows have duplicate content in that Number column, so it's not seen as a new, unique row. Could that be possible?

Cheers,

Genevieve

• kelceyg
    kelceyg ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello! Just to close the loop on this - turns out there were hidden tabs on the Excel spreadsheets I was being provided. When I ran the Data Shuttle, it was reading the information on the hidden tab, not the tab I was seeing/needed. Once I removed the hidden tabs, Data Shuttle worked as expected!