Share Dynamic View to a Group

Options

I need to share dynamic view to 2000 nurses so they can see and update their credentials documentation. When they access DV I want them to see only the row associated with their name. If I have a group called 'Nurses' and put the name of the group in the group share box, will the individual nurse still only see their own row (assuming that I have a contact column with the associated name or email address)?

Oh, and a quick second question can I set up a QR Code that takes a user to the DV main screen? Will they need to log in after they reach this point?

Thanks for the help ... DV is exciting but a little difficult to grasp sometimes.

Answers

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi @Jacqueline Ennis

I hope you're well and safe!

• The sharing part only validates who can access the Dynamic View, and then it's in the General section you decide if there should be any restrictions. If only one contact per row should have access, you can change the Restrict view by current user option to that contact column, and then rows matching the contact viewing the Dynamic View would be what they can see.
    • Regarding the QR code. They would need to be logged in to Smartsheet or at least log in once.

Did that work/help?

I hope that helps!

Be safe, and have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up, Awesome, or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• Jacqueline Ennis
    Options

Thank you so much... I thought that this was what the answer would be; but, I needed to check. You have a wonderful week as well!

Jacqui

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@Jacqueline Ennis

Excellent! Thanks!

You're more than welcome!

Remember! Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up/Awesome or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• Jacqueline Ennis
    Options

Hi. Andre. Another quick question. Have you found any tricks for easily adding 2000+ shared users to DV. Or easy way to createe a group with 2000+ users. Even the manual way that this has to be done is frustrating because navigating down the list of names of users in our organization to select out 2000 of them is an absolute nightmare.

Thanks

Jacqui Ennis