Data Mesh Update Immediately

Options
MBBAKER
MBBAKER ✭✭
edited 03/01/24 in Add Ons and Integrations

I have a set of sheets that I run Data Mesh on to pull relevant information over and freeze that data. I have the Data Mesh set up to Update Immediately and when I did tests on this it was pulling within 2-3 minutes most of the time. Now that time is creeping up and it takes upwards of 10-15+ minutes to pull over. Is there something that I can do to ensure that my team doesn't have to wait that long for the information?

*Note we can't use formulas because we need for the information to pull in and not continue to update when the source sheet updates.

Tags:

Answers

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee Admin
    Options

Hi @MBBAKER,

10 minutes is within an expected timeframe for "Update Immediately". Data Mesh timings for "Update Immediately" can be affected by a number of elements:

• The number of target sheets (the greater the number of target sheets the longer it will take to complete)
    • The number of rows in the source sheet (the greater the number of rows the longer it will take to complete)
    • The trigger for the workflow (triggered from sheet changes may take a little more than few minutes to be processed, as the workflow has more data points to check. If you use a manual execution, it should run right away.)

Cheers,

Genevieve

• jcasorla1
    Options

Hi, this is the first time I'm trying to use Data Mesh. I created a config where I opted to "Update Immediately". Does this mean that if I make changes to the source sheet, it will update the target sheet automatically without manually running it? Please advise. Thank you.

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee Admin
    Options

Hi @jcasorla1

Yes, exactly! When you make changes to the source sheet, the destination sheet will update automatically (within 10 minutes) without you needing to manually run it.