Declined, Invited/Pending User Clean up

Options
Sam Hale
Sam Hale ✭✭
edited 04/17/23 in Smartsheet Basics

After the newly updated process for removing (deleting) users from our account, I thought it would be fairly easy to clean up the invites that are pending or declined for years, (we have some as old as 2015). However, when I try to delete these folks an error displays explaining that I no longer have admin rights... this should be corrected.

I propose the following options. I can see why it would be beneficial to keep said entries around for a bit of time, say 90 or even 180 days, but after that, anyone who hasn't accepted their invite or is still flagged as "Pending" should simply be removed.

If someone "Declines" send the administrator an email notification that the invite was declined and then 24 hours later remove the person's entry who declined.

Keeping all these records for years seems like "data bloat" and I cannot see the benefit to the system. Currently, I have 732 of invited users dating all the way back 2015, and 21 declined folks dating back to 2019.

Sam Hale

Best Answer

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee
    edited 04/18/23 Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @Sam Hale

Another member reported the same behaviour on this announcement post, here: Changes to the “delete user” process next week

What you're experiencing isn't expected (you should be able to delete pending users) and the team is working on a fix for this.

In the meantime, you can delete the relevant users from within your User Management screen in the Legacy Account Administration UI. That can be found when clicking “Plan & Billing Info...” after expanding your Account icon in the bottom left corner of Smartsheet.

Thank you for bringing this to our attention; I would suggest following the announcement post for updates!

Cheers,

Genevieve

Join us at Smartsheet ENGAGE 2024 🎉
    October 8 - 10, Seattle, WA | Register now

Answers

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee
    edited 04/18/23 Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @Sam Hale

Another member reported the same behaviour on this announcement post, here: Changes to the “delete user” process next week

What you're experiencing isn't expected (you should be able to delete pending users) and the team is working on a fix for this.

In the meantime, you can delete the relevant users from within your User Management screen in the Legacy Account Administration UI. That can be found when clicking “Plan & Billing Info...” after expanding your Account icon in the bottom left corner of Smartsheet.

Thank you for bringing this to our attention; I would suggest following the announcement post for updates!

Cheers,

Genevieve

Join us at Smartsheet ENGAGE 2024 🎉
    October 8 - 10, Seattle, WA | Register now