Automated form

Is there a way for a particular cell in a preexisting row to get updated via a form or similar?

IE a row already exists. A date is entered into column A which causes a form to go out to the contact in Column B and this form contains columns C, D, and E which contains drop down menus and star-rating columns that the form filler fills out and that then populates columns C, D, and E on that same row.

Answers

• Dale Murphy
    Dale Murphy ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@KMan1190 A form always adds a new row. Why don't you use workflow to send an Update Request to the contact instead of a form? The Update Request will collect info based on the fields you put into the workflow message, and will still present the dropdowns or symbols.

dm

• KMan1190
    KMan1190 ✭✭✭✭

Would the people completing the update requests be required to have access to the sheet and/or have a Smartsheet account?

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @KMan1190

I hope you're well and safe!

No, those completing it wouldn't need access or a Smartsheet account.

To add to Dale's excellent answer/advice.

• Sometimes, I start with a Form and then send automatic updates.
    • Another option could be the Premium App, Dynamic View.,

I hope that helps!

Be safe, and have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Please support the Community by marking the post(s) that helped or answered your question or solved your problem with the accepted answer/helpful, Insightful/Vote Up/Awesome. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.