Desktop App

Judith Dewberry
Judith Dewberry ✭✭✭
edited 04/18/23 in Smartsheet Basics

We have different automations set to trigger email notifications and I was wondering if there's a way for the link in the email to open in the Desktop App. Right now, when I click on the link on the SS generated email, it opens up in a browser instead of the desktop app. Any idea if this is possible?

Thanks!

Answers

• Lachlan Stead
    Lachlan Stead ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hello Judith,

You'll need to enable the extension in your browser - once done, links in emails should open in the desktop app.

• Thank you Lachlan. How do I enable the extension in my browser? Do I need to download the extension first?

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @Judith dewberry

I hope you're well and safe!

Here's how you enable it.

Enabling the Smartsheet desktop app browser extensions helps you open Smartsheet item links as tabs in the desktop app itself.

• Forgot to add the browser extensions during installation? Want to take advantage of our deep-linking capabilities? Turn your browser extensions off or on by going to Help > Manage Extension in the Smartsheet desktop app.

Did that work/help?

I hope that helps!

Be safe, and have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Please support the Community by marking the post(s) that helped or answered your question or solved your problem with the accepted answer/helpful, Insightful/Vote Up/Awesome. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.