Timed Notification

I'm trying to set up an approval workflow for my intake system. For instance, Issue is submitted and worked. I want to notify the submitter that it's resolved and request them to approve/deny resolution. The problem I am running into is the ability to "auto remind" them of open approval request should they not respond in certain amount of time (example - 3 days). Even better if I could remind them 2nd time (say 7 days) for a response and indicate ticket closure by day 10 if no response. Anyone have a suggestion for how to set up the timed reminder to automate a notification?

Tags:

Answers

• Lachlan Stead
    Lachlan Stead ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hello Martha,

Would it work to simply get the person that 'resolves' the issues to record a resolved date... the reminders can then be easily setup for 3, 7 and 10 days from that date. You could actually go a step further and auto close the ticket after 10 days.

• Martha Hemingway
    Martha Hemingway ✭✭✭✭✭

@Lachlan Stead - We have resolution date column that they input (and yes -can change that to an auto-dated function based on changing status to resolved). How would I set up the reminder for those iterations?

• Lachlan Stead
    Lachlan Stead ✭✭✭✭✭✭

A simple alert with conditions based on that date field should do it... when you go to setup the automation, you'll noticed you'll have options for a certain number of days, weeks or months to send an alert before or after a specific date field.