Count categories in a given month

Marie_T
Marie_T ✭✭✭✭
edited 04/20/23 in Smartsheet Basics

Hi Smartsheet expert,

I have created a Suggestion Box using the Smartsheet form to collect individual responses.

I was able to see the submission dates and the categories of interest that the individuals selected - the categories "Productivity", "Quality," and "Sales" are a drop-down list in the Suggestion Box Smartsheet form.

Could you please guide me on how to count how many individuals selected the "Productivity" category in February 2022 and in February 2023?

Thank you for your help.

Best regards,

Marie

Answers

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @Marie_T

I hope you're well and safe!

Have you explored using a Report?

Would that work/help?

I hope that helps!

Be safe, and have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up, Awesome, or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• Marie_T
    Marie_T ✭✭✭✭

Hi Andrée Starå,

Could you please guide me on how to set it up in a report?

Thank you.

Best regards,

Marie

• Marie_T
    Marie_T ✭✭✭✭

Hi Andrée Starå,

Could you please guide me on how to set it up in a report?

I really appreciate your help. Hope to hear from you soon.

Best regards,

Marie

• Marie_T
    Marie_T ✭✭✭✭

Hi Andrée Starå,

Could you please guide me on how to count how many individuals selected the "Productivity" category in a given month? For example, in February 2022 and in February 2023?

Hope to hear from you soon.

Thank you.

Best regards,

Marie

• Marie_T
    Marie_T ✭✭✭✭

Hi Smartsheet expert,

I have created a Suggestion Box using the Smartsheet form to collect individual responses.

I was able to see the submission dates and the categories of interest that the individuals selected - the categories "Productivity", "Quality," and "Sales" are a drop-down list in the Suggestion Box Smartsheet form.

How do I create a formula to count how many individuals selected the "Productivity" category in February 2022 and in February 2023? Please advise.

Hope to hear from you soon. Thank you for your help.

Best regards,

Marie

• Joe Goetschel
    Joe Goetschel ✭✭✭✭✭✭

What I would do is add some quick helper Columns then you have full flexibility even in a report to filter by the number etc.

1. Month =MONTH([Submission Date]@row)
    2. Year =Year([Submission Date]@row)

Make these both Formula columns

If you don't want to use a Report you can just do this also after the Month and year helper columns are created.

In sheet summary or any open cell

=COUNTIFS(Month:Month, 2, Year:Year, 2023)

then the same for 2022

=COUNTIFS(Month:Month, 2, Year:Year, 2022)

Joe Goetschel | Smartsheet Director | SCS CLOUD - Smartsheet Partner

joe.goetschel@scscloud.com

Save My Contact

"The only real limitation of Smartsheet is the level of effort required to achieve your goal."