Alert when assigned

I am still new and trying to get used to smartsheet FYI.

So I am using a Gannt sheet and when I go to the assigned column and assign it to an employee, I am sure there is a way to alert that specific person but I am not sure how. I suppose that I would have to make a workflow for each employee so it is not a mass notification or should I just make the workflow with everybody in it and it would notify them specifically as I assign them to the cell

. I attached a picture of what I am talking about.

Thank y'all!

Tags:

Best Answer

• mreynoldsEHS
    mreynoldsEHS ✭✭
    Answer ✓

The Gannt is a view (where you get the calendar on the right hand side). That should not effect the set up of any automation. However, to only alert certain people, what I would do is leave the top trigger alone. Set it as:

• "Trigger: When rows are added or changed
    • When: Assigned to (then leave the "add a value" blank)
    • Run workflow: when triggered"

From there you can add a condition in where it is set up as "Where assigned to is one of (then select their name in add a value)". You will then select the action "alert someone" and put in their contact information.

Now you want to add another condition path (plus sign below the trigger box). That condition path you will set up the same exact way as the above condition, with the exception of changing the name under "add a value". I have attached a couple pictures for reference on what to do. Hopefully this answers your question.

Answers

• mreynoldsEHS
    mreynoldsEHS ✭✭
    Answer ✓

The Gannt is a view (where you get the calendar on the right hand side). That should not effect the set up of any automation. However, to only alert certain people, what I would do is leave the top trigger alone. Set it as:

• "Trigger: When rows are added or changed
    • When: Assigned to (then leave the "add a value" blank)
    • Run workflow: when triggered"

From there you can add a condition in where it is set up as "Where assigned to is one of (then select their name in add a value)". You will then select the action "alert someone" and put in their contact information.

Now you want to add another condition path (plus sign below the trigger box). That condition path you will set up the same exact way as the above condition, with the exception of changing the name under "add a value". I have attached a couple pictures for reference on what to do. Hopefully this answers your question.

• Chinaflor
    Chinaflor ✭✭✭

Makes better sense now! Thank you so much !