New Community Member Intro

Options
Sherry Fox
Sherry Fox ✭✭✭✭✭✭
edited 05/02/23 in Show & Tell

I have been lurking for a while, simply reading all the help I can get in the community, and I thought it was time I introduced myself. My name is Sherry Barnes-Fox. I am a Project Analyst over at Medtronic for over a year and a half now. I didn't know anything about Smartsheet when I came here, and I have quickly become my teams SS expert. I have found that is good and bad. Good for obvious reasons, the bad comes from when someone needs a new miracle created in SS, the work comes to me! LOL By trade Excel is my forte as 20+ year Analyst. Smartsheet is similar but not the same, both offer great options, and I find that I prefer one over the other based on the projects we are working on. I have started creating "metrics Sheets" for most projects, as I have the need to count items other than numbers. I coun t the number of projects (or tasks) at each status, byh each resource, etc. So with the use of a Metrics sheet, I can use COUNTIF and SUMIF to make these calculations for use in my Dashboards.

Sherry Fox

Project Analyst | Core Quality Services (QMS Transformation)

Medtronic

EAP | Mobilizer | Automagician | Superstar | Community Champion

https://www.linkedin.com/in/sherryfox/

Comments

• Alison Clancy
    Alison Clancy Employee Admin
    Options

Hi @Sherry Fox, we're so happy you're here! I think a lot of members here can empathize with your problem of being the Smartsheet expert at work. 🤣

• Sherry Fox
    Sherry Fox ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I cannot believe I forgot to attach my picture! And there was no "edit post" button I could find, so here is a picture of some of the Chain Maille jewelry pieces I have made. Normally you see Chain Maille Amour in King Arthur's time (I am re-watching "Merlin" right now). You will also see it if you ever attend a Renaissance Fair. And if you ever do, you may just see a friend or two of mine (at least) with their Maille at the fairs. Take an opportunity to look at it up close, the work is amazing by my friends.

From Left to Right:

The Bracelets I wear daily, Graduated Full Persian Earrings, Captured D20 Dice (great for key chains).

Sherry Fox

Project Analyst | Core Quality Services (QMS Transformation)

Medtronic

EAP | Mobilizer | Automagician | Superstar | Community Champion

https://www.linkedin.com/in/sherryfox/

• Deanna Vandermeer
    Deanna Vandermeer Overachievers Alumni
    Options

Welcome to Smartsheet Community @Sherry Fox - this is truly the place to be and honestly everyone here is so generous with their time and knowledge and even their workaround tips. I also wanted to mention how much I love your jewelry pieces, thanks for sharing and again, welcome. 😁

Smartsheet Overachievers Alumni

• Peggy Parchert
    Peggy Parchert ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Welcome @Sherry Fox - I will ditto what @Deanna Vandermeer said, great place to be and amazing people with helpful tips, tricks & knowledge. ❤️ your jewelry pieces too!

• Darla Brown
    Darla Brown Overachievers
    Options

Welcome @Sherry Fox! This is a great place to be and oooooo I love the jewelry! :)

Darla Brown

What you meditate on, you empower!

Overachiever - Core Product Certified - Mobilizer - EAP

• Ken Armstrong
    Ken Armstrong ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Welcome @Sherry Fox! Great to have you apart of this wonderful community!

Ken Armstrong

Smartsheet Operations Analyst, Carelon Medical Benefits Management

Certified Smartsheet Administrator

Be Firm! Be Fair! Be Friendly! Be Honest!!!

• Stefan
    Stefan ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Welcome @Sherry Fox to this very supportive community. And nice to have you as a new member :-)

Besides, I confess, I like the D20 more than their cage ;-)

Greetings

Stefan

Smartsheet Consulting, Solution Building, Training and Support.

Projects for Processes and for People.

• Stefan
    Stefan ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

You can edit your own post for 4 hours after posting it. The 3 small dots in the upper right corner...

Smartsheet Consulting, Solution Building, Training and Support.

Projects for Processes and for People.