Workflow - How to send 1 email with Multiple Row info

Hi, I have a sheet that has multiple contacts. Each row has unique information that I want to send the contact. (i.e. Contact 1 has 3 rows with their name, Contact 2 has 4 rows with their name). I want to send 1 alert to the contact person with ALL of the rows that apply to them. I need to do this 1 time a week. I can't seem to get my workflow to send out 1 email. Instead a get 1 email for each row. So Contact 1 gets 3 emails instead of 1. Any help on this would be appreciated!

Best Answer

• Paul McGuinness
    Paul McGuinness Overachievers
    Answer ✓

Hi @celento

Do you have a contact column on the sheet?, If so you can do this.

Set a custom notification to alert someone on a specific day and time.

The alert then needs to include either all fields or specific fields

You can then personalise the rest of the alert email as you require, including selecting which fields are included in the email.

I set up a basic version as above using a old test sheet and some junk data and received the following

please ignore the marked out areas - column 28 is the contact column (renamed) but doesn't need to be included in the fields on the alert.

Hope that helps

Thanks

Paul

Answers

• Paul McGuinness
    Paul McGuinness Overachievers
    Answer ✓

Hi @celento

Do you have a contact column on the sheet?, If so you can do this.

Set a custom notification to alert someone on a specific day and time.

The alert then needs to include either all fields or specific fields

You can then personalise the rest of the alert email as you require, including selecting which fields are included in the email.

I set up a basic version as above using a old test sheet and some junk data and received the following

please ignore the marked out areas - column 28 is the contact column (renamed) but doesn't need to be included in the fields on the alert.

Hope that helps

Thanks

Paul

• celento
    celento ✭✭✭

Thanks Paul,

My current workflow looks like this. The issue is that the message text appears multiple times. So in your example your Name appears 3 times in the sheet. In the body of the email I get my "Message Text" repeated 3 times for each entry.

• celento
    celento ✭✭✭

HI Paul,

I figured out my issue. I was putting in the body of the message {{ContactName}} and that is what was causing the multiple messages in the email.

Thanks again!

Christy

• Frank B.
    Frank B. ✭✭✭✭✭

Hi Christy @celento, I'm curious how you got the workflow to send out multiple emails to the same contact (your original issue). I actually have a need for this scenario. Can you share please?

Thanks!

Frank

• celento
    celento ✭✭✭

Hi Frank,

In the body of the message I used: {{ContactName}} (Contact name is the column name in my sheet for the contact and pulls the name in to the message:

Example:

Hi {{ContactName}},

When I had this is the message, as well as setting up the workflow correctly. This sent an email for each row.

I hope that helps.

Christy