Form Options - Automation

Options
Laurie Bearden
Laurie Bearden ✭✭✭
edited 05/04/23 in Formulas and Functions

Good morning,

I'm trying to create a form in for entering and/or removing equipment from our site. There are times we have new equipment installed where equipment is not removed, and vice versa, but also times where both apply.

Essentially, our wish is that the contractor would complete the form and if they check a box that new equipment is being installed, one set of questions would pop up, but if they check a box that equipment is being removed, another set of questions would be enabled.

I see that this is available on the Commercial license. Is this going to be an option in Smartsheet.Gov in the future ?

Answers

• Erin Irick
    Erin Irick ✭✭✭
    Options

You should be able to do this using Logic in your form. Add the 2 check box columns. When you add that field to your form to the right click on logic. Then you can say when the box is checked, display "X" field(s). Using the check box would allow them to check both equipment being installed and equipment being removed if they are doing both at the same time. You can see my screenshot below, I just threw in some dummy fields to show you.

• Laurie Bearden
    Laurie Bearden ✭✭✭
    edited 05/04/23
    Options

Hi Erin,

Thank you for responding. I should caveat that I am on Smartsheet.GOV...so not all functions are available as with the commercial license. It doesn't seem I have that option, unless I'm looking in the wrong location.

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!