Power Automate & Smartsheet

Options

Hello everyone,

I'm currently working on a project involving Power Automate to create folders in SharePoint whenever a row is updated in Smartsheet. I want to use the updated value in a particular cell as the new folder's name in SharePoint.

I've been following these instructions, but I'm having trouble finding the "Get row" function for Smartsheet in Power Automate:

1. Open the Power Automate flow you created earlier for the sheet update trigger.

2. Add a new step after the trigger step, and search for "Initialize variable" in the action search bar. Select "Initialize variable" as the action.

3. In the "Name" field, enter a name for the variable (e.g., "FolderName").

4. In the "Type" field, select "String" as the variable type.

5. In the "Value" field, enter the name of the column that contains the folder name in the updated sheet (e.g., "Folder Name").

6. Add a new step, and search for "Get row" in the action search bar. Select "Get row" as the action.

7. In the "Sheet" field, select the sheet that triggered the flow.

8. In the "Row ID" field, select the row ID corresponding to the updated row.

9. Add a new step, and search for "Create folder" in the action search bar. Select "Create folder" as the action.

10. In the "Site Address" field, enter the URL of the SharePoint site where you want to create the folder.

11. In the "Folder path" field, enter the path of the parent folder where you want to create the new folder. You can use a static route or a dynamic path that includes the variable you created in step 3 (e.g.,/Documents/{variables('FolderName')}).

12. In the "Folder name" field, enter the name of the folder that you want to create. You can also use a dynamic character that includes the variable you created in Step 3.

13. Save and test the flow.

I've searched through the available actions in Power Automate for Smartsheet but can't find the "Get row" function. Is this feature available for Smartsheet in Power Automate, and if so, where can I find it?

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide!

Answers

• Kelly Moore
    Kelly Moore ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hey @James W Chestnut

No, it seems there is no longer a Smartsheet Get Row action in Power Automate. I was able to use this work-around in place of Get Row. For my use case, I took the row to excel

Here are the two expressions used above so you can copy and paste most of it. Note I edit the names of my steps to be descriptive so you may have different text.

last(createArray(outputs('Get_a_sheet_data_(dynamic_schema)__(HPF_Shift_Supv_OEE_Extracted_Log)')?['body/value']))

last(outputs('ComposeArrayForLastRow'))

The very last step of my flow was where I went on to excel. I had to use the below expression for each field I needed to map to the excel table. I'm not sure if you'll need this syntax in your flow or not. The bold brackets was the smartsheet column name

Outputs(‘ComposeLastRowOfArray’)?[Capsule Start Date]

I hope this helps

Kelly