Sign in to submit new ideas and vote
Get Started

Control Center Dynamic Report: SHORTCOMING IN DESIGN FOR ARCHIVE

isa.ohara
isa.ohara ✭✭✭✭

So often Smartsheet creates really nice features - they just are not well thought out.

Dynamic Reports when Archiving - is just one example.

I set up the Archive Process before I had Dynamic Reports set up - NOW - EVERY TIME a new project is provisioned - it RESELECTS the Sheets in the Archive Space that were in the Dynamic Reports.

CURRENTLY THERE IS NO WAY AROUND THIS

Which means EVERY TIME a project is provisioned - I have to go into my 8 Dynamic Reports and MANUALLY DESELECT the Sheets that should not be included.

How does that make ANY SENSE???

The OTHER nice (not) FEATURE of Dynamic Reports - is if you INCLUDE a sheet from a project that was not provisioned by Control Center - it does you the FAVOR (NOT) of taking that sheet out of the Dynamic Report.

1 votes

Idea Submitted · Last Updated

Comments

• Ramzi
    Ramzi ✭✭✭✭✭

Just ran into the same issue - my problem is archived sheets are NOT removed from dynamic reports when projects are archived. Ugh.

Smartsheet Solutions Architect

www.adapture.com

• @Ramzi - I did find a setting in the Archive that says "remove from dynamic report scope" (or something like that)... the workaround I found is to DELETE the report from the Archive workspace - then you can move it back...I think it changes the id so CC can't find it anymore... ugly solution - I know...

One thing to try (that I have done for other issues around Dynamic Reports) is to take the Dynamic Report OUT of the CC blueprint - save it - reselect the correct sheets to include - and then add it back into the CC Blueprint... I can't remember if I tried that on the archived reports or not... I don't think I did - I think I just deleted the sheet out of the workspace...