Sign in to submit new ideas and vote
Get Started

Notifications from Workflows: choose if fields display horizontally or vertically

Options
Sherry Fox
Sherry Fox ✭✭✭✭✭✭

When writing up a workflow that "Links to Sheet and Specific Fields" is chosen, we should have the ability to select whether we want the list of fields and their values to display horizontally or vertically. If I have 12 fields that need to display, horizontally causes my users to scroll all the way to the right of the email, it is just not user friendly.

And on a side-note, the "Message Only" should also include a link to the sheet like the messages with all or selected fields do.

Sherry Fox

Project Analyst | Core Quality Services (QMS Transformation)

Medtronic

EAP | Mobilizer | Automagician | Superstar | Community Champion

https://www.linkedin.com/in/sherryfox/

9 votes

Idea Submitted · Last Updated

Comments

• Chiu Bar
    Chiu Bar ✭✭✭
    Options

As per observation after an entry has been submitted via a form, there are two variations when columns are presented on SS's email notification - either vertical or horizontal - using this option:

I hope your team can apply a selection of formatting of the columns cited on the email, notification.

Thank you.

• Sherry Fox
    Sherry Fox ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@Chiu Bar ,

Thanks for responding, the first option, "all fields" is not practical. Normally our sheets have a minimum of 25 fields/columns. When the workflow is sent, we focus on the fields that are normally blank (2nd stage of process), and would need to be entered. So I normally select the 2nd option, which lists everything horizontally. I want these fields to be listed vertically. It provides a "cleaner look".

Sherry Fox

Project Analyst | Core Quality Services (QMS Transformation)

Medtronic

EAP | Mobilizer | Automagician | Superstar | Community Champion

https://www.linkedin.com/in/sherryfox/

• Michaela Dhas
    Options

I have exactly the same issue but even when I select display all fields it still being sent horizontally. It's really annoying and our team complained about this a lot!

Funny enough this happens only with separate notification workflow. When I add the workflow to my main approval workflow the notification is received vertically.