Sign in to submit new ideas and vote
Get Started

Searching function in dynamic view

Options
awycoff
awycoff âś­âś­âś­

Hello- I really need a search function in dynamic view or I need a way to have interactive reports without granting people access to the underlying sheet. I don't understand how anyone can use dynamic view that has more than a page worth of data. Nobody has time to create filters everytime they need to look at something.

8 votes

Idea Submitted · Last Updated

Comments

• ker9
    ker9 âś­âś­âś­âś­âś­âś­
    Options

Hi @awycoff

I wanted to share with you that Find is available in Dynamic view at least in Chrome. Pressing Ctrl-F brings up find and will highlight and jump to the word you enter. The little find window usually appears in the upper right and looks like this (using "date" as the find word):

In addition, if you look for a standard set of items regularly, the owner of the view can setup shared filters that anyone can use at any time. Also if an individual creates a filter for themselves, it should be available until they delete it.

I hope this helps you.

• awycoff
    awycoff âś­âś­âś­
    Options

Thanks for the comment. However, I'm only able to use ctrl F if it is on the front screen. If it is below the scroll bar then it won't. Filters are great but not efficient for as many different things they would need to search for.

• ker9
    ker9 âś­âś­âś­âś­âś­âś­
    edited 05/12/23
    Options

@awycoff - Thank you for the feedback - I never noticed that it didn't find anything below the visible portion.

ETA - WorkApps may be a solution for you. It allows you to share reports without sharing the sheet.

• Cynthia Guay
    Cynthia Guay âś­âś­âś­
    Options

@awycoff - i got the same problem with so many datas, what your teams is doing, or have you find a solution until SS do something on this ?

• awycoff
    awycoff âś­âś­âś­
    Options

@Cynthia Guay we would really benefit from utilizing dynamic view, but until this is fixed we are using reports with holding our breathe that people don't go to the master sheet that the reports are pulling from.

• sklagsbrun99196
    sklagsbrun99196 âś­âś­
    Options

We are having the same issue, hope Smartsheet will create a fix for this ASAP.