Permission Level Capabilities for Dashboards and Workspaces

Options

Hi,

I wanted to see the difference between permission levels (viewer, editor, etc.) for dashboards and workspaces. I see a table by permission levels for sheets, reports, etc. but not for the two items mentioned. Any help would be appreciated. I am also wanting to share with some external users.

Thank you.

Best Regards,

Mark Singleton

Best Answer

• Ken Armstrong
    Ken Armstrong ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

From what I have noticed in Dashboards only the owner and admins can make changes to them. Everyone else can view the information and if you choose click on widgets and go to the source. For sharing to external collaborators you will probably need to publish the dashboard so they can view it with out being shared to the workspace and or source sheets and reports.

Ken Armstrong

Smartsheet Operations Analyst, Carelon Medical Benefits Management

Certified Smartsheet Administrator

Be Firm! Be Fair! Be Friendly! Be Honest!!!

Answers

• Kleerfyre
    Kleerfyre ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

When in a Dashboard, you would click on sharing and then you will have a drop down with these options:

Sharing permissions for a workspace are also the same as above.

Jonathan Sanders, CSM

"Change is always scary because it is unknown, but facing the unknown is what makes us stronger."

• Ken Armstrong
    Ken Armstrong ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

From what I have noticed in Dashboards only the owner and admins can make changes to them. Everyone else can view the information and if you choose click on widgets and go to the source. For sharing to external collaborators you will probably need to publish the dashboard so they can view it with out being shared to the workspace and or source sheets and reports.

Ken Armstrong

• Mark Singleton
    Options

Thank you, Ken and Jonathan. I was wanting to know what capabilities each permission level is allowed. Ken's answer addressed my question. Thank you!

• Ken Armstrong
    Ken Armstrong ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

You are very welcome! If you need anything else please reach out

Ken Armstrong

• 22Wordsmith
    22Wordsmith ✭✭✭
    Options

@Ken Armstrong I read your comments below

and would like to ask for further clarification, if possible, please.

I have a published dashboard that contains buttons linking to Dynamic Views. Ordinarily, I need to share the base sheet as well as the DV for someone to be able to use it. Am I correct in thinking that is still the case, even though the link to the DV is on a published dashboard? Unfortunately, I don't have any external users lined up to test this myself.

Many thanks,