Sign in to submit new ideas and vote
Get Started

Ability to remove "Submit" button on Forms

Options
Erica L.
Erica L. ✭✭✭✭

Having the ability to remove the "Submit" button on Smartsheet Forms would be helpful in cases where users need to go to a form to submit a request, but where we have exceptions to the rule. If they answer "Yes" to a specific question at the top of the form, then we show a dependency child question that says "Please reach out to your Project Manager to manage this request in your project plan instead..." We don't want the user to still "submit" the form as it doesn't serve a purpose. All it does is send to the intake sheet with no data since it's not a valid submission. Can we have the ability to "remove" the Submit button "based on dependency" questions asked at the form?

Thank you

14 votes

Idea Submitted · Last Updated

Comments

• Amanda Miller
    Options

I'd like SS to allow form logic that prevents someone from submitting a form. I can put notes all day that someone doesn't submit the form and does something else instead, but it's too easily missed. I'd like form logic to allow for the "Submit" button to be disabled under specific conditions.

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi @Amanda Miller

I hope you're well and safe!

Would it work to use the Required option?

I hope that helps!

Be safe, and have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up, Awesome, or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• LisaBar
    LisaBar ✭✭
    Options

A required option won't help in this scenario because we don't want the user to submit a form. How do we vote for idea? I'd really need the option to eliminate the submit button on a form.

• Adam Singletary
    Options

I would also love to hide the submit button. I'm using a form with one drop down and logic to reveal email templates for various things for my team. It's been useful for them and they can't accidentally edit them or change the templates, but the submit button can cause accidents/confusion sometimes.

• This would be useful for me too!

• Michelle Choate 2
    Michelle Choate 2 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

This would be a super helpful feature if we could write enough logic into this to remove the submit button.

• ker9
    ker9 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 04/21/24
    Options

I agree - I have a form that we are going to stop using, but I want to add a message indicating where the new process resides on the existing form so anyone with a saved link will see the message but be unable to complete the form.

Logic has the first question required prior to anything else showing. Hiding the first question, leaves just the submit button, which looks stupid.