Sign in to submit new ideas and vote
Get Started

Copying Workflows between Sheets

Options
kowal
kowal Overachievers Alumni

In my operational work I use Sheets as Action Trackers for all the countries we are implementing my project. When I was tracking about 5 countries I got the idea to create workflow that if any task is assigned to me the line is automatically copied to another sheet that is actually my Kanban Board so in one place I can see all my tasks etc. When I had about 10 countires I optimised it so when the action is moved to my kanban sheet with all task in the original one the status changes to "moved" (so I do not have to deal twice with the same task).

So I had to make 10 changes in each country...

Now I have 20 countries that I am tracking... and if any idea comes to me to optimise my workflow I will have to repeat it 20 times.

Can you somehow make it possible to copy Workflows between sheets? / Overwrite or copy as inactive etc. All my sheets look the same (same columns etc.) so I can optimise it only once and with one click button replace the workflow in remaining 19 country sheets.

128 votes

On Radar · Last Updated

Thank you for your feedback! While this is not currently available directly through the Smartsheet app, our advanced automation features in Bridge help with manual, repetitive tasks. Bridge would be a good solution for copying data between sheets and could really speed up your process.

Comments

• Claire oliver
    Options

It would be wonderful if we could share automation and filters across different sheets or with other users for their sheets. I am constantly trying to improve our process and that means updating and changing things quite often. Being able to share workflows across my user groups would save a lot of time and effort!

• Shaffi Mithwani
    Options

I think Smartsheet should look into allowing us to save them as our unique templates.

• Csellers
    Csellers ✭✭✭
    Options

This would be very helpful!

• BArmendariz
    Options

I agree with the rest of the people in this thread. This feature would be super helpful. Not only for creating new sheets with the workflow already added, but also when you create a new workflow, it can be added to any existing/in-progress sheet.

• Gary Hammond
    Options

Smartsheet should allow workflows to be created and copied or cloned across multiple sheets. For example, I would like to create a new workflow and will have to do that 60+ times without cloning functionality.

• smartishsheet
    Options

Sorry but why is this not a standard feature? Pretty ridiculous this basic functionality is not available. I think it's likely because they really want to upsell you into control center/blueprints. If this functionality is not available in the very near future, I will be recommending to the business that we stop using the product altogether.

• Matt_C
    Matt_C ✭✭
    Options

Any word on when this will be available? I have multiple sheets that do extremely similar things and need to be able to not spend hours recreating the exact same thing across multiple sheets.

• Marco Moura
    Marco Moura ✭✭✭
    Options

Hello, one year has passed since it was first requested, and still no any word from Smartsheet?