Can't Edit or Delete "Send as Attachment" Recurrence

Options

Hi all,

I have been assigned to take over the maintenance of a sheet. There are currently 3 "Send as Attachment" recurrences that I want to remove as they are no longer needed. When I click on a scheduled recurrence, the options of "Edit Recurrence" and "Delete" are not clickable. I am the Admin on this sheet and the Owner of sheet also tried but gets the same result. Does anyone know how I can remove or edit these recurrences? Thanks in advance!

Tags:

Best Answer

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee Admin
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @BristolCVN

It sounds like you're looking at the Sheet's recurrence window but that at some point someone created a second Smartsheet item, a Report, and set up the recurrence from the Report and not the Sheet.

What's the Report name in the email? You may not be shared to it, so you may need to ask the Owner to share to you the Report so you can delete the workflow from there. See: Share a Report as an Attachment in Email

Cheers,

Genevieve

Answers

• Genevieve P.
    Options

Hi @BristolCVN

The log on the right hand side also keeps track of sent occurrences. If you're unable to click "delete" it's likely because that's a log of a past automation that already sent out. In this case it looks like your three were sent in 2021.

You can tell if it's a recurring / future one because it will have two arrows in a circle and there won't be a sent date, like so:

Cheers,

Genevieve

• BristolCVN
    BristolCVN ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi Genevieve,

Thanks for the response, however, the owner is still receiving recurrence emails and there are no active workflows for notifications.

• BristolCVN
    BristolCVN ✭✭✭✭
    Options

I have also noticed that if I select "Send as an attachment" the body says "I've attached a copy of my sheet to review". The owner forwarded me an email from the most recent recurrence and the body says "I've attached a copy of my report for your review". I'm trying to find the recurrence that refers to the "report" but there aren't any active workflows for that.

• Genevieve P.
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @BristolCVN

It sounds like you're looking at the Sheet's recurrence window but that at some point someone created a second Smartsheet item, a Report, and set up the recurrence from the Report and not the Sheet.

What's the Report name in the email? You may not be shared to it, so you may need to ask the Owner to share to you the Report so you can delete the workflow from there. See: Share a Report as an Attachment in Email

Cheers,

Genevieve

• BristolCVN
    BristolCVN ✭✭✭✭
    Options