Email Notifications not showing Long Date

I have a workflow which triggers an email notification to users. In the body of the email I have two dates mentioned using the {{ }} to reference the date fields. Both date fields are formatted in the sheet as a long date i.e. Thursday, May 18, 2023. In the body of the email only one date shows in the long format, the other shows as 05/18/23.

Why is that?

Has anyone else seen this issue?

Best Answer

• ker9
    ker9 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Hi @Umesh Shah

I did a little test and the only way I get the date spelled out is if it is in a Text column and spelled out as text. The date in my notification always appeared as 5/18/23 no matter how it was formatted and whether it was in {{}} or as a field. Is it possible your spelled out field is in a Text column?

Answers

• ker9
    ker9 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Hi @Umesh Shah

I did a little test and the only way I get the date spelled out is if it is in a Text column and spelled out as text. The date in my notification always appeared as 5/18/23 no matter how it was formatted and whether it was in {{}} or as a field. Is it possible your spelled out field is in a Text column?

• Umesh Shah
    Umesh Shah ✭✭✭✭

@ker9 Thank you, that was it, the first date is a text field. The second was a date field. I converted the latter to a text field and put in a formula to write out the long date and it worked. Thank you !!