Add a new row to a sheet based on data in another sheet

Hi Community,

I'm trying to figure out if I can automatically add a row with data to a sheet (say Sheet B) when a value in Sheet A changes. The concept is if an escalation/issue arises, automatically create an entry in the issues/escalation log (sheet). But I don't want to simply copy the row - I want to create a new entry with the column applicable in Sheet B (Escalation/Issues). Referencing the image below, when the highlighted cell changes to 'In Progress' I want to create a row in Sheet B (Issues). The only data I need to fill in I think would be the name which in this case would be Parent 1 and maybe today's date. The row in Sheet B will be updated manually with pertinent information but I want to have it created automatically. Any ideas how to accomplish this? Thanks!

Answers

• Paul Newcome
    Paul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭✭

You would need to use a Copy Row automation. It will pull over all columns, but you can hade the columns you don't need and use a Clear Cell automation to clear out those that you do need to have left blank.

Come see me in Seattle at ENGAGE 2024! I will be at the 10xViz partner booth throughout as well as the "Lets Talk About Community" Meet & Eat table on Tuesday from 11:45am - 12:45pm!

CERTIFIED SMARTSHEET PLATINUM PARTNER

10xViz.com