Can I save versions of a fillable PDF document when fields are updated?

I am using a Smartsheet form to automate several forms we currently have in Word. I want to use a fillable pdf in an automation to create a document from that form submission. I would like to update that document every time certain fields are changed and name the document differently (maybe with a number or date stamp) so I have all the versions. Is that something that I can do in Smartsheet?

Answers

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @sackerman70

I hope you're well and safe!

Yes, you could add a so-called helper column that we'd use to name the PDF and then either combine it with formulas or Workflows to change the name before it should be generated.

Would that work/help?

I hope that helps!

Be safe, and have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up, Awesome, or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• Thanks Andree! I will give that a try and see what I come up with. I'm still waiting on our IT team to install my Adobe Acrobat license so I can create my fillable form for the automation. Once I have that I can start playing around with it and testing various things to see how it behaves.