Sign in to submit new ideas and vote
Get Started

Open Sheet in New Tab When Select Hyperlink in Report

jessica.smith
jessica.smith ✭✭✭✭✭

I would like to be able to open my linked sheet in a new window when I select the hyperlink from a report.

I have very lengthy reports that pull in hundreds of sheets. When reviewing data, I'll expand and collapse grouped data as I work my way down the report. I occassionally need to navigate to the underlying sheet to drill down into details further. When I go back to my report from the sheet, I completely lose my place and any collapsing/expanding I might have done along the way for various reasons (e.g. to remember to go back and check something later).

27 votes

On Wishlist · Last Updated

We love this idea too! While it's not a part of our current plan, this is the kind of thing our team is actively thinking about. If we believe we can make this idea a reality, we'll update the status here. We assume you would want this capability on a sheet, report, dashboard, or anywhere a Smartsheet asset is linked.

Comments

• This feature is needed!!!!!

• AmyB
    AmyB ✭✭✭

I am also constantly duplicating a tab and then clicking on a link because it doesn't open/can't be opened in a new tab and doesn't really save your place when you go back. I agree this would be a super helpful feature to add to the product.