Sign in to submit new ideas and vote
Get Started

Open Sheet in New Tab When Select Hyperlink in Report

jessica.smith
jessica.smith ✭✭✭✭✭

I would like to be able to open my linked sheet in a new window when I select the hyperlink from a report.

I have very lengthy reports that pull in hundreds of sheets. When reviewing data, I'll expand and collapse grouped data as I work my way down the report. I occassionally need to navigate to the underlying sheet to drill down into details further. When I go back to my report from the sheet, I completely lose my place and any collapsing/expanding I might have done along the way for various reasons (e.g. to remember to go back and check something later).

19 votes

Idea Submitted · Last Updated

Comments

• AubreyFord
    AubreyFord ✭✭
    edited 05/26/23

Currently if you have a link within your smartsheet report/dashboard to another smartsheet item, it can't be opened in a new tab. It's very cumbersome to have to either toggle back and forth between smartsheet reports (and risk losing data upon refresh) or duplicate your current tab and click on smartsheet link in order to reference two smartsheet items at once. External links open in different tab and it would be really nice to have that configuration apply to smartsheet links as well.