PDF Attachment Downloads

Renee1_CRA
Renee1_CRA ✭✭
edited 06/07/23 in Smartsheet Basics

We used to be able to click one time on the PDF symbol to open our documents, but now have to click on the three dots and then get this menu and select open in new tab. The single click still works if we are opening a Word document, just not with PDF. Is there a way to get this function back?

Best Answer

Answers

• Colleen Patterson
    Colleen Patterson ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@Renee1_CRA

In my system (tested in Florida and New Jersey, USA and in the Phillipines) we are still able to click on the icon 1x to open the PDF in preview mode, as opposed to the old workflow where it opened it in a new browser window. My testing has been done from the web version of the application.

To confirm, it is not launching for you at all, unless you select the kebab menu, is that accurate?

Smartsheet Community Champion and Ambassador

If my answer helped you, please be sure to mark it as Accepted to help future learners locate the information.

• It does open in the preview mode, however for what we do, the old workflow where it opened in another window is what we need.

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee
    Answer ✓

Hi @Renee1_CRA

If you don't want to select the option from the dropdown menu, you can use keyboard shortcuts to open the file in a new tab as well: Ctrl+Click (Windows) or CMD+Click (Mac).

Cheers,

Genevieve

Join us at Smartsheet ENGAGE 2024 🎉
    October 8 - 10, Seattle, WA | Register now