Help! Published a Sheet with Edit by Anyone Permissions but Dynamic View is Requiring a Login

Options

I spent the last month building a solution for people to sign up for mentors by creating a sheet that has information about each mentor and lots of formulas color fields where someone has already signed up with only a max number of sign up fields (aka I can't do this in forms that I know of). I created a Dynamic View with lots of different logic about how the sign ups show up (for example, I don't want to show other people's names and employee ids after they've signed up) for it but then realized at the 11th hour that the underlying "anyone can edit" permissions do not translate to the Dynamic View overlaid on the sheet. It is requiring anyone who clicks on it to log in, which I do not want, as this will be going to over 500 people. I am new to publishing permissions but any help would be very much appreciated.

Best Answer

• Jen B.
    Jen B. ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi Sara!

Dynamic View has its own settings for sharing that are separate from those on your underlying published sheet. If you haven't already shared the DV, itself (as well as the source sheet), I think that may be the roadblock here.

When you open the settings for your DV, you'll see "Sharing" on the far right. I chose the Shared domains option at the bottom to ensure users enterprise-wide could access a particular DV I created, even if they didn't have a Smartsheet account. Adding the appropriate domain(s) (i.e., the part of your email address after the @; like CompanyXYZ.com) for your user audience should clear up the restrictions requiring sign-in.

If sharing at the domain level is too broad, I would suggest creating a named Group within the Smartsheet Admin Center ("Group Management"). You can copy a list of email addresses and paste them into the "Add Members" field to "bulk load" a large group of users. Once your group is created, use the dropdown in the Shared groups option to select the appropriate group.

I hope this helps resolve your problem! Please let me know how it goes!

Answers

• Jen B.
    Jen B. ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi Sara!

Dynamic View has its own settings for sharing that are separate from those on your underlying published sheet. If you haven't already shared the DV, itself (as well as the source sheet), I think that may be the roadblock here.

When you open the settings for your DV, you'll see "Sharing" on the far right. I chose the Shared domains option at the bottom to ensure users enterprise-wide could access a particular DV I created, even if they didn't have a Smartsheet account. Adding the appropriate domain(s) (i.e., the part of your email address after the @; like CompanyXYZ.com) for your user audience should clear up the restrictions requiring sign-in.

If sharing at the domain level is too broad, I would suggest creating a named Group within the Smartsheet Admin Center ("Group Management"). You can copy a list of email addresses and paste them into the "Add Members" field to "bulk load" a large group of users. Once your group is created, use the dropdown in the Shared groups option to select the appropriate group.

I hope this helps resolve your problem! Please let me know how it goes!

• Sara H
    Sara H ✭✭✭✭
    Options

@Jen B. I added all the appropriate domains and it still requires people to log in. I am curious if I can get my Smartsheet admins to create a group if that would bypass the login requirement.

• Jen B.
    Jen B. ✭✭✭✭
    Options

@Sara H Were you able to get the login requirement issue resolved? If so, I'm wondering if the group setup was successful or if you found a different solution.

• Sara H
    Sara H ✭✭✭✭
    Options

@Jen B. I was not able to get it resolved. I ended up having to use a form with quite a bit of manual matching in the background. I did publish the information that they needed to complete the form so it could be accessed without logging in but that was as far as I could take it.