Need Formula help!

Options

I need a formula that will do the following:

When the Date in WKU column has past place the latest NewPromiseDate from the AllPromiseDates column in the cell.

Answers

• AravindGP
    AravindGP ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi,

If I get your question right, you're trying to see if the date in WKU is in the past compared to the New Promise Date. Firstly, you should have all the dates you're comparing the WKU date with in date columns and not text. Alternatively, you can write formulas to split out the date from the text column to a date column, before writing the formula to compare it.

Thanks,

Aravind

Reach out for any help on licenses, configuration, or training

• HYG_Support
    HYG_Support ✭✭✭✭
    Options

What formula can I use to split the latest NewPromiseDate from this text column? The date should be 191221 or 12/21/19.

• StevenBlackburnMBA
    StevenBlackburnMBA ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@HYG_Support - is your "AllRepromiseDates" column free text with no formula?

Since you are using multiple different new promise dates in the cell, it gets a little more complicated. Have you thought about entering each new promise date in its own column? If so, you could use an IF statement that utilizes the most recent date in the set range of columns in that row, and it could then use that most recent date to replace the other date in the WKU column.

You actually have many ways to do this but it really depends on how you are using these two columns. Parsing data from AllPromiseDates would be less efficient from a formula point of view, as if its free text and something is added to the column later -- if it doesn't meet the original formulas expectations, you might run into an error pulling in the date to the WKU column.

Can you provide the set up of the AllRepromiseDates column, perhaps?

Certifications:

-Smartsheet 2023 Core Product Certification

-Smartsheet 2023 System Administrator Certification

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!