Issue with Multiple Columns Moving in a Sheet after 1 Column is Moved

Hello Community.

Has anyone experienced an issue where multiple columns are moved in a report as a result of moving just one column? We've had this occur a couple of times now where we move one or 2 columns, yet other columns move at the same time.

Thanks!

Answers

• Brian_Richardson
    Brian_Richardson Overachievers Alumni

I haven’t personally seen this. It’s probably a browser thing- sometimes I get weird issues where the column I drag isn’t actually the column that get dragged…if that makes sense. It’s like my browser offsets my mouse. Typically a quick reset or cache clear does the trick

BRIAN RICHARDSON | PMO TOOLS AND RESOURCES | HE|HIM

SEATTLE WA, USA

IRON MOUNTAIN

• Karen Hansard
    Karen Hansard ✭✭✭✭

Thanks for the response Brian. I can see how clearing the cache might help me, however folks who use reports based on the source sheet were impacted by these column moves as well. Columns in the reports were also moved which is puzzling to me. Next time we see this happen, we'll certain clear our cache and see if that helps at all.

Cheers!

• Brian_Richardson
    Brian_Richardson Overachievers Alumni

Yes, very strange! I don't have much more of a suggestion, other than have someone try to record it when it happens and send on to Support. Good luck!

BRIAN RICHARDSON | PMO TOOLS AND RESOURCES | HE|HIM

SEATTLE WA, USA

IRON MOUNTAIN

• Hamza1
    Hamza1 Moderator
    edited 06/24/23

Hi @Karen Hansard

Unless it's the Primary column shifting to the far left of the Report when you apply Grouping, what you're experiencing definitely sounds like unexpected behaviour. I've tested in my own reports and moving one column does not impact the placement of other columns.

Is it possible that other Admins are working in the Report at the same time as you and that these other collaborators are moving columns as well?

If not, as @Brian_Richardson rightly said, I would suggest submitting a ticket to the Support team through the customer support portal providing the following information:

• Screen recording of the steps you’re taking 
    • Report and Source sheet ID (Click File > Properties)

They'll be able to troubleshoot this with you in a private channel where you can provide sensitive information.

Cheers,

Hamza

• Karen Hansard
    Karen Hansard ✭✭✭✭

Thanks Hamza for your response. We'll monitor and if occurs again will submit a support ticket.

K